Due to dental disease, injury, or other factors, multiple teeth may be missing from your smile. While not the most comfortable way to restore missing teeth, Removable Partial Dentures (Removable Implant Bridges) utilizing dental implants for anchorage are the most affordable implant treatment for replacement of missing teeth.
What are Removable Implant Bridges/Partials?
Removable Implant Partial Dentures use one or more dental implants to retain and stabilize a removable prosthesis thereby restoring the smile and function.
How Do Removable Implant Bridges/Partials Work?
Instead of relying on the natural teeth to retain and stabilize the removable partial denture we use dental implants primarily and the natural teeth secondarily. This method has multiple benefits, such as:
- Elimination of the metal clasps on traditional bridges that can potentially damage gums and teeth
- More cost-effective than replacing each tooth with an implant
- Chewing efficiency is greatly improved
- As few as one implant, strategically positioned, can greatly improve the outcome
- Removable partial dentures can be removed for easy cleaning and maintenance
What is the Treatment Process Like?
One or more dental implants will be placed in strategic positions to supplement the future performance of the Removable Partial Denture. This procedure is usually very simple and recovery time is usually less than a day. In as little as 6 weeks the implants can be attached to a Removable Partial Denture to provide greatly enhanced retention, stability and comfort. At no time will any patient be without teeth, even during the healing phase.