In cases where multiple teeth are missing, patients may be advised to get a Fixed Implant Bridge. Fixed Implant Bridges will maintain function, preserve the jaw bone and restore beauty.
What are Fixed Bridges?
Fixed Implant Bridges utilize dental implants placed in the jawbone (the foundation) and tooth-like porcelain restorations to replace missing teeth (fixed bridge). In addition to preserving the jawbone and surrounding teeth, bridges can help maintain the shape of your smile and prevent future dental complications. When teeth are missing, Fixed Implant Bridges are the most ideal dental restorations.
While a removable bridge is built to attach to surrounding teeth and can be taken out for cleaning, Fixed Implant Bridges are attached to dental implants for a permanent, worry-free solution that looks and acts like your natural teeth.
What are the Benefits of Fixed Bridges?
- A long-lasting solution that maintains the structure of surrounding teeth
- Fixed Implant Bridges look, feel and function like healthy natural teeth
- A strong structure that can withstand the force of normal biting and chewing
- Restoration of normal eating, talking, and smiling without worrying about your dental prosthetic becoming loose or falling out
- Bone preservation
- A treatment option that is often less expensive than replacing every missing tooth with an implant.
During your consultation your individual condition will be evaluated, and all treatment options that are available to you will be discussed.
What is the Treatment Process Like?
To begin the process of placing a fixed bridge, we will place dental implants into the jawbone to act as a tooth root and create a solid foundation for the bridge. Dental implants have become a fairly simple dental office procedure and many times patients can leave with a fixed temporary bridge on the day of surgery. We are excited to be able to offer this cutting-edge treatment in one office.